- User Experience and Expectations Research (R1) is designed to give consumers with disabilities a mechanism to directly inform research and development efforts.
- Task 1: User-focused and survey based research collects data across a variety of life domains and disability characteristics.
- Task 2: Employment and workforce preparation focused research focuses on the use of wireless technologies to facilitate social connectedness of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
- Task 3: Engaged connected futures research addresses research models and interventions for Socially Assistive Robotics (SAR) to increase the capabilities of people with disabilities in varied environment
Social and Cultural Design Research (R2) Social and Cultural Design Research examines emerging factors of inclusive design as they impact the range of wireless based technologies and services, including wearable computing devices, robotics, sensors, emergency communications, and the underlying IoT ecosystem.
- Task 1: Foundational research for Internet of Things design factors
- Task 2: Sociocultural design for wearables
- Task 3: Augmented reality for design
The contents of this website were developed under a grant from the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR grant number 90RE5025-01-00). NIDILRR is a Center within the Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The contents of this website do not necessarily represent the policy of NIDILRR, ACL, HHS, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.